Ertalon® and Nylatron® Products
Within the polyamides, commonly referred to as "nylons", we distinguish different types. The most important ones are: PA 6, PA 66, PA 11 and PA 12. The differences in physical properties which exist between these types are mainly determined by the composition and the structure of their molecular chains.
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
Nylatron® RIM Formulations - Reaction Injection Moulding (RIM)
Nylatron® RIM products are PA6 based formulations with very high impact resistance. RIM is a low pressure casting technology where specific additives are mixed with the base material.. RIM casting is a perfect production technology for a wide range of products with different shapes and properties.
Click here for more information.