Ertalon® 66 SA
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
This is a material with a higher mechanical strength, stiffness, heat and wear resistance than Ertalon 6 SA. It also has a better creep resistance but its impact strength and mechanical damping ability are reduced. Well suited for machining on automatic lathes. Please note that Ertalon 66 SA natural rods over dia. 150 mm are made from a modified polyamide 66 resin.
Ertalon 66 SA natural (rods, plates) is available as a "Food Grade".
- Product Data Sheet Ertalon 66 SA
- Product Data Sheet Ertalon 66 SA-C
- Product Handling Information Sheet
- Delivery Programme
- Minerals & Metals
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.