- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
Compared with virgin PA 66, this 30% glass fiber reinforced and heat stabilized nylon grade offers increased strength, stiffness, creep resistance and dimensional stability whilst retaining an excellent wear resistance. It also allows higher maximum service temperatures.
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.