Proteus® LSG HP PP-HPolypropylene
Proteus® LSG HP PP-H (Life Science Grade) stock shapes are made from high purity polypropylene resin that has undergone additional filtration to remove black particles, thus increasing purity. The material is also pre-assessed for biocompatibility at the stock shape level for wetted contact applications in bioprocessing according to USP VI and ISO 10993.
Proteus® LSG HP PP-H shapes are characterized by their excellent resistance to chemical cleaning agents and zero moisture absorption. These traits, in combination with their low levels of extractables and leachables, make Proteus® LSG HP PP-H components a favored solution in the bioprocessing industry for upstream applications in bioreactors (e.g. valves, mixers, impellers), downstream applications in chromatography (e.g. fluid distribution plates), and filtration.
- Stock shapes pre-assessed for wetted contact applications in bioprocessing according to USP VI and ISO 10993
- Additional resin filtration for especially high purity
- Low levels of extractables and leachables
- Zero moisture absorption
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Excellent resistance to chemical cleaning agents
Proteus® LSG HP PP-H stock shapes encompass a range of standard sizes in the following geometries: Plate
Proteus® LSG HP PP-H stock shapes come in the following colors: Natural (off-white)
Proteus® LSG HP PP-H carries the following compliances:
- ISO 10993-5 and USP <87> Cytotoxicity
- ISO 10993-10 and USP <88> Intracutaneous Reactivity
- ISO 10993-11 and USP <88> Acute Systemic Toxicity
- USP <88> Implantation Test
- USP Class VI (conclusion of three of the above ISO 10993 and USP <88> tests)
- Food contact - USA FDA 21 CFR § 177.2500
Please note: In some cases, different color variations of a material grade carry different approvals. Please see product documentation for details.
Proteus® LSG HP PP-H is only intended for applications involving indirect body contact or applications in bioprocessing. This material is not intended for direct contact with human body tissue.