PE 500 HMW-PEHigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene
PE 500 is a versatile grade of high molecular weight polyethylene that offers a unique combination of stiffness, toughness, mechanical damping capabilities, great machinability, and excellent wear and abrasion resistance. In less demanding applications with respect to wear and impact resistance, PE 500 may present an economical alternative to standard UHMW grades. Due to these benefits and characteristics, PE 500 components are primarily used in the meat and fish processing industry, but can also be found in a variety of mechanical, chemical, and electrical applications.
- Temperature: -100°C up to +80°C (+100°C short term)
- High impact strength and resistance to shock
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and low temperatures
- Good electrical insulation properties
- Excellent non-stick properties and low moisture absorption
PE 500 HMW-PE stock shapes encompass a range of standard sizes in the following geometries: Plate
PE 500 HMW-PE stock shapes come in the following colors: Natural
Availability of products, shapes, and colors may differ by region.