Ertalyte® TX PET-PPolyethylene Terephthalate
Ertalyte® TX Polyethylene Terephthalate Polyester PET-P is an unreinforced, semi-crystalline grade that exhibits superior dimensional stability, excellent wear resistance, a low coefficient of friction, high strength and rigidity, outstanding stain resistance, and great chemical and abrasion resistance. Due to Ertalyte® TX PET-P’s low moisture absorption rate, this grade’s mechanical and electrical properties are unaffected by moisture, which gives this grade better wear and inertness over nylon and acetal products, and also a lower wear rate than unmodified polyesters. These characteristics make Ertalyte® TX PET-P ideal for use in applications that involve high pressure and velocity conditions, and environments with soft metal and plastic mating surfaces where noise abatement is critical.
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable to or even better than Nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than Polyacetal)
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
Ertalyte® TX PET-P stock shapes encompass a range of standard sizes in the following geometries: Rod, Plate, Tubular bar
Ertalyte® TX PET-P stock shapes come in the following colors: Pale-Grey, Light Blue
Availability of products, shapes, and colors may differ by region.