Sultron® LSG PSUPolysulfone
Sultron® LSG PSU (Life Science Grade) stock shapes are made from unfilled Udel® PSU resin that is pre-assessed for bicompatibility. The stock shape is also pre-assessed for biocompatibility for up to 24 hours contact with body and tissue according to USP VI and ISO 10993 and wetted contact applications in bioprocessing.
Sultron® LSG PSU shapes exhibit great mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties. In addition, good hydrolysis resistance makes components resilient against repeated autoclaving cycles as well as other sterilization methods such as dry heat, EtO (ethylene oxide), plasma, and gamma irradiation.
Because of these properties, as well as the material’s visual transparency, Sultron® LSG PSU components are great candidates for applications in the medical and bioprocessing fields such as applicators, manifolds, steam cleaning equipment inserts, and valves.
- Pre-assessed on both resin and stock shapes for up to 24 hours contact with body or tissue according to USP VI and ISO 10993
- Pre-assessed for use wetted contact applications in bioprocessing
- Unfilled Udel® PSU base for biocompatibility on resin
- Good hydrolysis resistance
- Sterilizable via steam, dry heat, EtO, plasma, and gamma- & X-ray irradiation
- Great mechanical, thermal, & electrical properties
- Great visual transparency
Sultron® LSG PSU stock shapes encompass a range of standard sizes in the following geometries: Rod, Plate
Sultron® LSG PSU stock shapes come in the following colors: Yellow-Translucent
Sultron® LSG PSU carries the following compliances:
- ISO 10993-5 and USP <87> Cytotoxicity
- ISO 10993-10 Sensitization
- ISO 10993-10 and USP <88> Intracutaneous Reactivity
- ISO 10993-11 and USP <88> Acute Systemic Toxicity
- USP <88> Implantation Test
- USP Class VI (conclusion of three of the above ISO 10993 and USP <88> tests)
- ISO 10993-4 Human Blood Compatibility
- USP <661> Physiochemical Testing
- Animal Free Origin
- Food contact - USA FDA 21 CFR § 177.2500
Please note: In some cases, different color variations of a material grade carry different approvals. Please see product documentation for details.
Sultron® LSG PSU is only intended for applications in which the duration of contact with human body tissue is limited to less than 24 hours, or wetted contact applications in bioprocessing.
Furthermore, LSG materials are not intended for use in the manufacture of medical devices that will be permanently implanted in the body, nor are they intended for use in life-sustaining medical devices.