Ertalon® 6 SA
- High mechanical strength, stiffness, hardness and toughness
- Good fatigue resistance
- High mechanical damping ability
- Good sliding properties
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good machinability
This material offers an optimal combination of mechanical strength, stiffness, toughness, mechanical damping properties and wear resistance. These properties, together with a good electrical insulating ability and a good chemical resistance make Ertalon 6 SA a "general purpose" grade for mechanical construction and maintenance.
Ertalon 6 SA natural (rods, plates) is available as a "Food Grade".
Nylons can absorb up to 7% (by weight) water under high humidity or submerged in water. This can result in dimensional changes up to 2% and a corresponding reduction of physical properties. Proper design techniques can frequently compensate for this factor.