Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions (formerly Piper Plastics) provides our high tech and diversified customer base with complete solutions to their engineering and finished component needs by combining their experience, engineering, material science, and technology to produce high quality plastic and metal parts that meet exact specifications.
We are recognized globally as the finest source available for high performance polymer materials and precision machined plastic components and assemblies.
Technology and craftsmanship blend together at Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions. Successful completion of your finished products starts with a thorough understanding of your application. As part of our 'Total Package' customer service philosophy, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions design and engineering department offers full design and drawing review services for our customers at little or no cost. Our engineers have the industry experience to help design parts and conduct a comprehensive review for material selection, performance, manufacturability, and cost effective production.
Material Selection Assistance
- Material selection for optimal performance and cost efficiency
- Custom formulated materials for customer specific application
- Reverse engineering and material identification
Design Assistance and Evaluation
- Metal-to-plastic conversion expertise
- Design plastic parts for ease of manufacturing and cost reduction
- Structural failure consultation
- Composite materials design assistance and education
- Product testing recommendation
- 100% critical part inspection and functional testing
FEA Structural Mold Flow Analysis - Computer-Aided Design
- Part design assistance for optimal mechanical performance
- Structure analysis for non-uniform properties due to fiber orientation
- Design validation and optimization
- Evaluate part stress and effects with various polymers
As a leader in polymer development technologies, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions ultimate goal is solving our customer's most demanding problems. We offer advanced materials and capabilities and provide technical innovations to our customers. Through our unique and scientific approach to polymer development, Piper Plastics delivers solutions beyond the reach of off-the-shelf products.
Our team develops solutions to a wide range of customer problems by blending our knowledge of polymer science and advanced filler technologies with our superior processing and component manufacturing capabilities. This demonstrated ability to deliver polymers that out-perform commercially available materials has established Piper's reputation as the go-to team in the plastic marketplace.
Contact Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions to discuss our unique solutions in:
- Metal replacement
- High strength
- Dimensional stability
- High temperature
- High pressure/high temperature (HPHT)
- Chemical resistance
- Wear resistance
- Electrical properties
- Radiation, autoclaving, and sterilization
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions continues to be in the forefront of processing technology and polymer conversion developments. Our processing technology begins where conventional molding methods end. Our engineering team is challenged to think outside of the box and tasked to develop revolutionary molding capabilities which push the boundaries of conventional processing technologies. The net results are molding capabilities that produce polymer attributes previously thought to be unobtainable. .
The equipment and associated processes rely on fundamental applied science to develop and maintain product quality and reliability. All manufactured products are put through a rigorous process validation system. Once defined, the process is locked down to ensure consistency and quality. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions is one of the only polymer conversion companies that tests every lot of product produced and supplies a certified mechanical property report along with all molded products. Our customers are secure in knowing that the product they purchased is manufactured to established specifications and validated through scientific testing every time -- without exception.
Contact Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions and allow us to demonstrate how we can help you achieve:
- Higher mechanical performance than traditional polymer molding technologies
- Lower costs and reduced material waste through near net shape molding
- Custom blends of high performance materials that will excel in your application
- Consistent lot-to-lot product attributes with validated testing
- Improved product traceability through vertical integration and supply chain reduction
For over 35 years Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions has been expanding and improving our machining capabilities to meet the ever increasing challenges and the demands of our customers. The working environment in Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions machining department is quality driven. Our people are thoroughly familiar with the time honored basics of sound machining procedures. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions state-of-the-art equipment and technology keeps us at the forefront of development. Whether it is plastics or metal, we can meet your strictest manufacturing requirements.
Our CNC machining capabilities include:
- Plastic specific CNC machining techniques
- 3D machining
- 5 axis machining
- 7 axis machining
- Twin spindle capabilities
- Prototype to production quantities
- Polymer friendly coolants
- Proprietary annealing techniques
- Low cost manufacturing facility (Thailand)
Our equipment includes:
- Horizontal and vertical CNC machinery centers
- CNC turning centers with live tooling
- CNC routers
- CNC micro drilling
- Automatic screw machines
Our finishing, cleaning, packaging, and assembly services help to separate Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions from the competition. Every part Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions manufactures goes through the deburr department where proprietary procedures have been developed to deliver the best quality part possible. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions will work to understand the function of your part and will design processes to simulate the way it will operate in application. Through this testing we eliminate rejection of parts in the field and help increase the success of quality designs. We have a thorough understanding of the cleaning and packaging requirements necessary for our customer's critical components and assemblies. We will clean and package parts and assemblies in accordance with identified specifications that meet or exceed the requirements of our customers.
For over 35 years, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions fabrication department has a history of providing the highest quality service and on-time delivery. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions has the following capabilities; cutting, routing, drilling, milling, plastic welding, heat bending, polishing, and packaging.
In-house or on-site welding is accomplished by hand welders or a complete extrusion welding system. From small fixtures to large tanks, count on Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions to get the job done right the first time. All welding orders ship only after passing stringent quality procedures inspection reports are complete.
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions commitment to deliver quality products and outstanding workmanship is one we do not take lightly. Customer satisfaction means including complete quality assurance documents with each shipment, saving time and money by reducing incoming inspection. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions will design, manufacture, and distribute quality products that meet or exceed the expectations of our diverse customer base.
We will remain a leader in our industry by maintaining and improving our quality management systems and through effective employment of state-of-the-art equipment and a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
The following is a list of the quality certifications that Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions has:
Thailand: ISO 9001:2015
ISO 13485:2003 - Medical Devices/Quality Management Systems
AS9100 & ISO 9001 - Aerospace/Quality Management Systems
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions Conflict Mineral Policy Statement
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions supports the efforts to end the violence and human rights abuses associated with the mining of conflict minerals. “Conflict minerals” include tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold; also referred to as “3TG.” We are committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and are opposed to human rights abuses. As part of that commitment, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions seeks to source products, components and materials from companies that share our values around human rights, ethics and environmental responsibility.
In the manufacturing process, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions strives to have a “conflict free” supply chain, including committing to supply chain initiatives and overall corporate social responsibility and sustainability efforts that work towards a conflict free supply chain. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions supports preventing the use of conflict minerals that directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups in the DRC or surrounding countries.
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions does not source minerals directly from smelters. If Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions becomes aware of a supplier whose supply chain includes metals from a conflict source, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions will take the appropriate actions to correct the situation immediately, including reassessment of supplier relationships, to achieve that objective. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions expects our suppliers to take similar measures with their suppliers to ensure compliance throughout the supply chain.
We will continue to evaluate our policies to ensure compliance with the SEC’s Conflict Minerals Rule and make adjustments when necessary.
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions can assist you in selecting the correct material for your application and can offer alternative plastic solutions to help solve existing technical problems. We can custom formulate compounds using many resins available on the market today. Our experts will ensure the highest quality, most cost-effective material - whether it is injection molded near net shape, extruded, compression molded, or formed.
Kyron® High Performance Compounds Portfolio
The Kyron materials portfolio contains nearly any base resin for stiffness, heat resistance, or dimensional tolerances. Kyron compounds that are based on high temperature resins excel in demanding high heat and chemical environments. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions uses a broad range of resins for their Kyron products.
| || || || || |
All Kyron compounds can be custom formulated to meet specific engineering requirement, including strength, stiffness, heat resistance, chemical resistance, and dimensional stability. High performance products can be used in demanding high temperature and chemical environments.
KYRON PRODUCT LINE HIGHLIGHTS
KyronMAX™ High Strength Structural Compounds
Part of the Kyron product portfolio, KyronMAX bridges the gap between conventional injection moldable filled polymers and expensive lay-up composites. It is a unique combination of a proprietary high pressure molding technology, coupled with a state-of-the-art material technology that produces high strength structural components.
- Tensile strength to weight ratio - Higher than steel.
- Weight - Almost 75% lighter than steel and almost 40% lighter than aluminum.
- Higher product performance due to better knit line strength - Lower filler levels reduce the knit line effect and increase the strength of the molded part.
- Better "practical toughness" due to lower filler loadings - Lower filler content increases the material's elongation at yield which results in the ability for the part to yield and not fracture.
- Lower filler loadings than traditional thermoplastic compounds - Lower filler levels promote
- a larger processing window and reduce weight.
KyronMAX Structural Thermoplastic Materials Consistently Outperform the Mechanical Strength of Long Fiber Thermoplastic Compounds
Responding to customer demand for the strongest moldable polymers available without all the process and design limitations associated with LFT polymers, Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions offers a unique solution: KyronMAX structural thermoplastics materials. KyronMAX materials overcome all the limitations associated with LFT compounds while yielding stronger molded parts that are also lighter in weight.
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions has developed a proprietary high pressure molding technology that yields near net shape polymers up to 2” thick without porosity, voids or sinks. The process, which utilizes molding equipment designed and developed by Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions, allows the company to mold high performance thermoplastics, filled or unfilled, with isotropic mechanical properties.
The semiconductor industry’s demand for smaller, tight tolerance IC packages that operate at higher frequencies is making it increasingly difficult for traditional materials previously used for microprocessor test socket applications. Kyron 2204 high performance ceramic-filled PEEK is an excellent balance of properties including outstanding dimensional stability, ductility, low moisture absorption, high purity, and strength. It is ideal for tight tolerance, intricate machined components, is resistant to heat and aggressive chemicals, and is available in white and gray.
Kyron GC-100 is an injection molded high temperature material offering outstanding stiffness, and machinability without the presence of fiber. It is designed specifically for burn-in and test socket applications that require an extremely high degree of stability and superior micro-machinability.
Over 30 years ago, Piper Plastics opened with the vision of becoming a full service polymer development, machining, injection molding, and distribution company. Today, through proprietary advanced technologies and manufacturing capabilities, Piper has become a unique vertically integrated solutions provider. Our commitment to product development and quality is unsurpassed.
In April 2016 Piper Plastics was acquired by Quadrant, a leading global manufacturer of high-performance thermoplastic materials, for its global Engineering Plastic Products (QEPP) business unit. With the addition of Piper Plastics, both companies can capitalize on their synergies in the engineering polymer industry as Piper Plastics will leverage Quadrant’s continually expanding, world-wide network of industry partners and customer relationships while bringing new technologies, specialized skills and market expertise into the Quadrant Group.
Quadrant is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance thermoplastic materials in the form of semi-finished products and finished parts. The company has locations in 21 countries and more than 2,700 employees. Its specialty engineering thermoplastics and composites are superior in performance to metals and other materials and are used in a wide range of applications, primarily in the capital goods industry. The company is continuously developing new areas of applications in close cooperation with industry leaders in a broad variety of customer markets. The Quadrant Group is well prepared to further expand its market leadership position.
Supporting the vision of their holding company, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation (MCHC), Quadrant is committed to the realization of KAITEKI, “a sustainable condition which is comfortable for people, society and the Earth, transcending time and generations”. To realize this vision, the MCHC Group engages in corporate activities that provide products, technologies and services based on the comprehensive capabilities of the Group in the Performance Products Domain, Industrial Materials Domain and Health Care Domain, with chemistry as the basis of activities. We jointly express and promote our commitment under the corporate brand THE KAITEKI COMPANY.
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions Arizona
257 East Alamo Drive
Chandler, Arizona 85225 USA
PH: +1 (480) 926-8100
Fax: +1 (480) 497-1530
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions Illinois
1840 Enterprise Court
Libertyville, Illinois 60048 USA
PH: +1 (847) 367-0110
Fax: +1 (847) 367-0566
Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions Thailand
Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate
Rayong 64/103 Moo 4, T.
A. Pluakdaeng, Rayong 21140 Thailand
PH: +66 33 659 141
Fax: +66 33 659 143
Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- This order is placed and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth and by accepting this order the Seller agrees to be bound thereby. Seller is responsible for flow down of these requirements.
- Seller agrees to respond with any exceptions to Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions within 48 hours of receipt. Acceptance of the purchase order as written will not require a response.
- Acceptance of this purchase order constitutes acceptance by the supplier to right of entry by Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions, its customers and regulatory authorities to all facilities involved in the order and to all applicable records.
- Seller agrees to maintain a system and standards ensuring the quality of the items/services being purchased. Established processes will not be changed without Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions approval.
- Seller agrees to notify Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions of any nonconforming product immediately upon discovery.
- Seller agrees to maintain access to the most current industry and Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions customer’s specification as required to fulfill the requirements of this purchase order. Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions will make available, upon request, any customer specifications required to process this purchase order.
- Seller agrees to process all Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions purchase orders in accordance with and certify to the most current specification revision level available as set forth by the purchase order.
- Seller agrees to respond in writing to requests for corrective action, with a plan to prevent any future specification deviations or non-conforming conditions.
- Inspection data (FAIR), raw material, mill test reports and process certifications are required as defined by purchase order requirements. Certifications must include at a minimum the P.O. #, part #, description, revision level, quantity and process specification.
- If applicable, a remaining shelf life of 75% of the original shelf life must be available at time of receipt at Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions.
- OEM and commodity suppliers are required to provide 180 days’ notice of any impending obsolesce of goods or services supplied to Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions. Any substitutions must be approved prior to fulfillment by Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions.
- If the Seller is using material/parts supplied by Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions they are expected to have traceability (account for all parts delivered). Supplier records should include a verification of the received material/part count and Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials - Engineered Solutions should be notified of any difference at the time of receipt.
- All quality related records associated with this purchase order will be maintained for a minimum of 10 years and/or shall be offered to take possession of these records by the Seller in the event of Seller disposal.
- The seller is required to read, understand and conform to the Responsible Business Alliance code of conduct as applicable.