What You Learn
Background, character, content and regulatory details of:
- EU Food Regulations 10/2011 and 2023-2006
- FDA Regulation, Title 21, Part 177
- Chinese Food Safety Standards, Regulations GB 9685 and GB 4801
What we offer
Live Webinar: Overview of Global Plastics-Food-Contact Regulations
- Duration: 30 minutes
Our Regulatory Expert Mieke is the featured Presenter
Mieke holds a master's degree in chemistry from the University of Ghent, where she did her doctor’s degree in inorganic chemistry and received her PhD in Mesoporous Titanium Dioxide for Photocatalytic Applications. Her responsibilities include the correct application of global food regulations to the MCAM plastic product portfolio for the food industry. She organizes material tests for MCAM plastics that are in direct contact with food and medical devices. She is always available to our customers for questions about sustances and regulations.
General Information on Food Regulation
- FDA (Food & Drug Administration) is the USA agency which is responsible for ensuring the safety of e.g. food and drugs. Government Regulations CFR 21 provides certain specifications regarding composition, additives, and properties for materials which may be used in contact with food products.
- EU Regulations: In Europe, food contact materials are regulated by the following regulations:
- Regulation (EU) 1935/2004: general regulation for all types of food contact materials.
- Regulation (EU) 10/2011: specific food contact regulation for plastic food contact materials
- Regulation (EU) 2023/2006: Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations applicable on all food contact materials
- GB Regulations: In China, food contact materials are regulated by the following regulations:
- Regulation GB 4806.1: general regulation for all types of food contact materials
- Regulation GB 9685: general regulation for additives used in all types of food contact materials
- Regulation GB 4806.6: specific regulation for plastic resins for food contact materials
- Regulation GB 4806.7: specific food contact regulation for plastic materials and products
- 3A-Dairy is a voluntary organization that provides standards of construction for milk, cheese, butter and ice cream processing equipment